I am a photographer based in London. I have a documentary approach to my photography and I am very fond of natural light. Although, I often design elaborate lighting set ups for films, theatre and opera shows. Both disciplines enhance each other and their qualities emerge and imprint themselves on each project accordingly.
I work with directors, producers, designers, musicians, actors and journalists. I cherish developing ongoing collaborations as much as meeting new inspiring professionals.
| Lighting Design website: www.yianniskatsaris.net |
Company London, Polimekanos, Action Aid, Sir John Cass Faculty of Art, Architecture and Design, University of East London, Studio Weave, Staffan Tollgard Design Group, Cityscape, Endemol UK, PR Media Co, Spike Island, Yannis Sergakis Adornments, Beyond The Valley, Temple Velocity, Bonnie Kirkwood, Franca Berr, Land In Focus, Dash Arts, Foolish People, Go Opera, Theatre Lab Company, Musarc, Operaview.
Glass Magazine, Vitamin Magazine , Respect Magazine (CZ), Outlook India, Wired, IS Magazine (NL), Epsilon (GR), Evening Standard, Insurance Times, Scan Magazine, Vimagkazino (GR), Highlights, SOUL.
- 2016 Bankspace Gallery, Photomonth, London / 'Territorial'
- 2015 The Proud Archivist, London / ‘The Bear'
- 2013 Divani Caravel Hotel, Athens / 'The Face of Hope/
- 2012 IKON Gallery, Birmingham / The Voice and the Lens: ‘Musarc Portraits’
- 2011 The Hellenic Centre, London / ‘Illusions of Grandeur
- 2010 Black’s Member Club, London / ‘Illusions of Grandeur’
- 2010 Reading Room Gallery, London / ‘Cynopolis’
- 2008 Ash In Art, Athens / ‘Under the Big Top’
- 2004 Photosynkiria, Thessaloniki / ‘Prestige Shipreck’
- 2016 "Dancing with the Devil", Sadler's Wells, Lilian Baylis Studio, London
- 2016 'Macbeth' (LX design and Video Art), National Theatre of Northern Greece, Thessaloniki
- 2015 'The Sweet Bird of Youth', Alma Theatre, Athens
- 2015 'The Bear' Opera and Photography Exhibition, Proud Archivist, London
- 2015 'Savitri' (Opera), St Leonard's Shoreditch Church, London
- 2014 'Musarc Christmas Concert', Christ Church Spitafields, London
- 2014 'The Medium', Grimeborn Festival, Arcola Theatre, London
- 2014 'Wolf Kisses', The Old Red Lion, London
- 2014 'Salome', Avignon Festival, Theatre Des Amants, France
- 2014 'The Passion of L'Agamas / Jephte' by Musarc The Cass Faculty of Architecture and Design, London
- 2014 ‘Medea’, Riverside Studios, London
- 2013 ‘Psychostasia’, The Old Cholmeley Boys Club, London
- 2013 ‘Salome’, Cabaret Voltaire, Athens
- 2013 ‘Bee’, Aggelon Vima, Athens
- 2013 ‘Lysistrata’, Riverside Studios, London
- 2012 ‘Salome’, The Old Cholmeley Boys Club, London
- 2012 ‘Elisabeth’, Aggelon Vima, Athens
- 2012 ‘Cuba Libre’, Aggelon Vima, Athens
- 2012 ‘The Oresteia’, Riverside Studios, London
- 2011 ‘Antigone’, International Festival of Ancient Greek Drama, Cyprus
- 2011 ‘Medusa, the beheaded lover’, Shunt, London
- 2010 ‘The Fall of the House of Usher’, The Old Cholmeley Boys Club, London